It looks like my 3-in-1 apple tree is well on its way to a full recovery from its recent bout of cedar apple rust (fungus). After treating it with a fungicide spray, the rusty, infected leaves have subsided and my tree is now covered with healthy green leaves and emergent apples. This is such a relief, since I have never used fungicide on my plants before and was not sure of the results.
What I am quite excited about is that my tree is gearing up to produce another round of apples, hopefully to enjoy early next year. This tree, though young and rather small, has been impressively productive, blessing me with some of the most delicious and flavorful apples I’ve ever tasted.
I predict that I will be enjoying baked apples and fresh applesauce in no time, along with other delicious culinary possibilities!
CONSUMER ALERT UPDATE: Apple seeds are highly toxic if ingested. More information on toxic plants can be found here:
CAUTION: Commercially available fungicides have varying degrees of toxicity, so use care when applying them to your plants and trees, and spraying when them only when they are dormant, that is, when they are not in fruit.
Do Not spray fungicide on fruit and Do Not eat fruit that you suspect may have been sprayed with fungicide – they are poisonous and may be hazardous to your health if consumed.
Filed under: Gardening, trees | Tagged: apple, apple rust, apple tree, apple trees, apples, cedar apple rust, consumer alert, fruit, fruit tree, fruit tree fungus, fruit trees, fruits, fungus, fungus on leaves, Gardening, Gymnosporangium juniperi-virginianae, poisonous, toxic plants, tree, trees |